Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Conclusion!!

As the title of my 30 days experiment, “Chocolate Mystery” implies, what I did throughout the previous thirty days was all about chocolates. In my daily blog entries, I did not only include the image of the chocolate that I tasted that day, but its description, price, and background facts, for instance, its history, manufacturer, and other related information were also taken into account. I would then provide a rating of a maximum of five stars and a minimum of one star, mainly evaluating for the following three aspects: healthiness, price, as well as taste.

To be honest, before I started to explore my experiment, I thought I would come across a number of complexities that cannot be solved easily. One of the difficulties that I concerned the most was actually the ability or possibility to purchase thirty different kinds of chocolate. However, this was never the situation that I have been thinking of. Once I stepped into the grocery stores, such as Costco, Ranch 99, and Safeway, I immediately felt a moment of relief. I saw a great quantity of chocolate that were put onto the counters. Although these grocery stores were indeed selling a similar or even the same chocolate brands, I was capable to search for more than thirty different kinds of chocolate. I realized and understood that I should never feel afraid and anxious, or even to give up when I have not even started to concentrate into a thing. In fact, I have learned to always try my best in doing everything, and not to give up myself that easily. I really want to say “thank you” to these grocery stores for selling these large amount of chocolates for customers to pick from.

Among the various kinds of chocolate that I have tried throughout the past thirty days, the one that I liked the most was Maltesers ― a chocolate that is originated from Australia and manufactured by Mars, Incorporated. Maltesers are crisp malt centers centered with smooth milk chocolate. Even though Maltesers has a quite high calorie level of 505, in which I think it might not be healthy for people to consume a large amount. Nevertheless, its price is not expensive, in which a box of Maltesers costs only USD $2.50 and most importantly, it just tastes really really good. For these reasons, personally, I think Maltesers is worth-buying. On the other hand, the chocolate that I liked the least was probably the Ferrero Garden (Coconut) ― a chocolate from the Ferrero Collection and manufactured by Ferrero SpA. The reason that I dislike it is simply the flavor of coconut, in which I have never liked to consume food with coconut flavor ever since I was young. The smell and taste of coconut are too strange for me. Although the selling price of a piece of this Ferrero Garden (Coconut) is USD $1.25, in which this is quite costly for me. Yet, the procedures of producing this Ferrreo Garden (Coconut) are complicated and not simple. Hence, its price should be reasonable for other customers and worth purchasing.

Recently, it is true that there are more and more people, who would self-make chocolates during special holidays, especially during Christmas times, Valentine’s Day, Easter times, and even Mother’s or Father’s Day. Even though people are willing to sacrifice their own sincerity and time in making those chocolates, at the same time, we should be knowledgeable about the manufacturing processes of good-tasting chocolates are never that easy and simple as we have always thought of. I have learned to appreciate the effort made by every chocolate producer, since they have helped everyone of us to fulfill our aspiration and desire for chocolates. Besides, I am aware that not everyone around the globe is as fortunate as I am, having the opportunity to live under a warm shelter and not suffering from starvation. Thus, I have in fact learned to treasure everything that I possess, of course, including every meal that I consume, not only chocolates, but every other food item. People should always try to finish the food they ordered from restaurants, since there are countless people, who are still living under great pressure, not having the chance to consume abundant food. Only if we are willing to put our effort in it, we are then capable to narrow down the gap between rich and poor people that are spread all over the world.

After all, I have really enjoyed my 30 days experiment ― to taste thirty different kinds of chocolate. I really appreciate this Humanity class for offering me this opportunity to explore my interest. And most significantly, I am still in love with chocolates!

No comments:

Post a Comment